Friday 6 February 2015

Q4.) Who would be the audience for your media product? DRAFT


For this question I am going to film myself talking as the director about who may watch my film and what type of person will enjoy it most.
‘Who watches thrillers? Who might watch your film? Try to come up with demographic descriptions of your audience. Can you find facts and figures about relevant audiences?’
This is quite a difficult question to answer, you may watch a thriller movie because you feel that your own life is too uneventful to fulfil your high octane needs, so you may feel the need to get deeply involved in an imaginary world where espionage and kidnappings happen around every street corner. But then again, everyone can watch a Thriller and enjoy the whole journey, which is why I believe it is such an approachable genre for independent film makers, as it is a lot easier to create a dark and formidable world than it is to create a comedy as I believe it is a lot harder for an actor to be genuinely funny. But the type of person who watches a thriller varies, I believe the overall type of person who generally enjoys the average thriller more than the next person is someone who lives for the thrill and excitement, which is true for pretty much everyone.
[FADE TO BLACK]
I am hoping that die hard thriller lovers and people just getting started watching thrillers will enjoy ‘Junk’ equally. I have included concrete thriller conventions whilst also taking my own new spin on slightly more obscure conventions, for example in the movie Silence of the Lambs, there is a scene where the character of Clarice Starling is inside Buffalo Bill’s house searching for evidence and I took inspiration from this scene to make the scene in ‘Junk’ where my character of the girl is searching for the ringing phone. However, I hope everyone who has a love for low-budget thrillers watches ‘Junk’
[FADE TO BLACK]
The best demographic description of my audience is ‘young adult to middle-aged men, seeking raw excitement’ I completely believe that when big companies get their claws into a potentially good film, no matter how much money they pump into the production of the film, the shock value and rawness is lost due to greed of appealing to most demographics, however independent movies tend to please one specific demographic, which helps them make a better film as they aim to satisfy a niche market. It could be argued that someone who loves comedy films won’t enjoy my low budget thriller as much as they would a Hollywood thriller, however low budget thrillers aren’t made for people who love comedies.
[FADE TO BLACK]
Thank you everyone for watching ‘Junk’ and I hope you enjoyed it.
[FADE TO BLACK]

No comments:

Post a Comment