Friday 6 February 2015

Q7.) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


There have been several things I have learnt since working on the preliminary task, one of which is how to correctly edit transitions. For the preliminary task we used a basic fade in/fade out which subtly blends one shot into the next, however this is very basic and easy to do, so for my thriller opening I decided to try something new.

This is my timeline in Sony Vegas, here we can see that my opening sequence timeline is a lot more complex than the one for my preliminary task.

Hence, using Sony Vegas, I explored different features to gain a better understanding of how to transition shots. I discovered an effective transition that does not seem out of place. Little things such as this transforms an otherwise average piece of film into a completely new and interesting film.

No comments:

Post a Comment