Wednesday 3 December 2014

Internet Audience Research

Audiences Targeted By Thrillers

Most thriller films target an audience of adults, 18+, because they tend to include alot of heavy violence and dark subject matters that are essential to progress the story. This is the nature of thriller movies and they dont include violence and swearing for the sake of things, for the most part anyway. Therefore they are inappropraite for small children and anyone sensitive to violence. Most DVDs say on the reserve cover why they are rated 18+. Disaster films fall under the catergory of 'Disaster' however in the case of 'The Day After Tomorrow' as soon as the destruction begins it is clear that it has tranformed into a thriller film, with intense sequences that put you on the edge of your seat. This just goes to show that you can begin your film as lets say a Horror, and end it being a comedy. However that example would be tough to acheive.

Another source says that Thrillers are aimed at an audience who enjoy the mystery and intrigue of a good story with high levels of anticipation. Pyschological Thrillers allow the audience to almost become the detective within the movie and enable them to slove the case with the characters. Some aspects within a pyschological thriller may be distrubing for a younger audience yet these tend to be mental and emotional distraint rather than full blown blood and guts.

My Target Audience

I am going to target an audience of 15+ as I believe this is the perfect balance to make an effective thriller film yet have it available to largest audience, without it being too soft. Also I want to target mainly a male audience because all my characters are male and possibly they will have an easier time connecting with my characters. Although it is entirely possible that females can enjoy my film just as much.

I am also going to target my film to a more mature audience who can wholly appreciate the subject nature. Furthermore my film will be dark with subtle hints of violence, without fully showing it.

Bibliography

Some of my resourses I used are blogs other A-Level students have written, which will help me because they are in the same situation as me and reading about their successes can motivate me and inspire me to do well. Also their expereinces can help me make my Thriller opening better because I have first hand experience of previous students. However I have not copied any ideas and everything I produce will be original and completely from my own mind. I have only used other A-Level students as guidance and used them for their experiences in the same situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment