Friday 5 December 2014

Risk Assessment

Risk Assessment

One risk that could incur whilst filming is:
  • My main actress could get hit by a falling tripod or lighting equipment.
To counter this I will take extra care not to put my actor into this direct danger. I will double check that my equipment is securely sat on level ground where the danger of the equipment falling is kept to a minimum.


Another risk that could arise is:
  •  My actress could get hypothermia due to the cold weather and the time of year. Also if the costume isnt warm and covers her whole body then she is at risk of becoming extremely cold. This may not sound like a likely risk but it is certainly possible.
The solution to this problem is clear. Make my actress wrap up warm whilst filming is not rolling. This will ensure she is warm at all times and she is available to shoot.  

  •  As I live next to a water source and therefore I will be filming in close proximity of said water source, I will have to make sure any equipment (Camera, Lights, Tripods etc) do not fall into the water.
The solution to this problem is to secure any equipment to the ground, therefore eliminating any risk of equipment becoming unsteady and falling into the water. I will attach a picture of the water risk. 

  •  One more risk that could arise is if I am filming outdoors and the weather suddenly decides to change and it starts raining. The equipment will be at risk of water damage.
To counteract this I will ensure I bring a waterproof jacket that could be quickly thrown over any equipment that is in danger of water damage. This should ensure all equipment works properly afterwards. However this particular risk is highly unlikely and I doubt it will happen. Although I will still bring the waterproof jacket to be extra safe.


  • One last risk that could be a potential danger is the weather itself. Lightning in particular could be a risk, I have checked the weather forecast for my shooting date and there isnt any rain or lightning predicated so I should be fine. But for extra precaution I will make sure all my equipment, myself and my actress are grounded if any rain should make itself present.

No comments:

Post a Comment