Wednesday 3 December 2014

Questionnaire

I completed a questionnaire and handed it out to my close friends and family for compeletion so I could gather as much infomation as possible about what to include to make my Thriller opening as effective and professional as is within my skill range.I recieved all of my questionnaires back and collected all the data up, unfourtanatley I do not own a photocopier so I am unable to upload a picture however I can type up all the infomation I gathered.

Q1: What is your favourite Thriller film from the list stated?


Pulp Fiction: 4
The Silence of the Lambs: 2
Taken: 1
Usual Suspects: 2
Se7en: 1

From this question I have learnt that the majority of people I asked enjoyed Pulp Fiction more than any other on the list which means I can take conventions and ideas from Pulp Fiction and implement them into my film to make it more effective.

Q2: What is the most effective convention of Thriller films in your opinion?


Quick Cuts: 2
Low Key Lighting: 5
Tense Music: 2
Diegetic Sound of Breathing: 0
Acting: 1

From these results I have learnt that to make an effective and creepy thriller opening I should implement dark shadows and low key lighting.

Q3: Should my opening sequence contain more than one character?


Yes: 4
No: 6

This result did not surprise me as I believe an opening sequence with one character is more effective because the audience feel alone just as the character in the film does. However I will consider using more than one character but it may not be viable as it was hard finding one person to act, nevermind two.


Q4: Do you think Vertigo Pictures and Green Apple Studios are believable names for production companies?


Yes: 8
No: 2

I was surprised by these results as these names to be sound possibly too fake and cheesy. However I am now more drawn to using them as I am failing to think of a better alternative.


Q5: Do you think 'Unanswered' is an effective and overall good title for a Thriller film?


Yes: 5
No: 5

I was also surprised by the answers to this question as I thought Unaswered was a great name. I will consider changing it however I am not sure because I am already changed it from 'The Copernicus Project' which is terrible and I only used it in my draft edit as I could not think of a better alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment